Thursday, August 23, 2007

Once More Into The Breach!

I started this blog last December as a bridge to my retirement from the pulpit. Then the cyclone hit.

Cathy's father passed away. Cathy got breast cancer, had a mastectomy and chemotherapy. We moved from El Paso, Texas to Quinton, Va (near Richmond) with 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 cars and a moving van full of comic books. We got settled into a brand new house, in a whole new place, and found a nice new church to attend while I work on my book and Cathy recovers and works at a hospital. We have started the daunting task of trying to get to know people and make friends (Cathy's doing good with that - for a shy nerd like me, its been a struggle.)

God in our lives has been strong, smart and loving. We are at home in the woods of the beautiful country. We have had a rough year. We have walked with a great God.

So after all the upheaval and time for spiritual healing and mental settling, I'm ready to get back to my ministerial, funny, wise witness and share the journey with you again. I hope to invite some new folks and VA friends to join our journey as well.

Let us now go forward together!

Your Shepnerd,
Rev. Kellie

P.S. As my good friend Mitch has taught me to say: New blog posts will be here every Monday morning. Except for when they're not.

No comments: